CF-19 Mk2 - free parts

Post all queries to buy sell or trade Toughbooks in here.
rjenkins

CF-19 Mk2 - free parts

#1 Post by rjenkins »

Hi,
I have a badly water damaged CF-19 Mark 2 [CF-19FDGAFVE], XP Tablet version.

It appears to have been partly submersed in water for a considerable time - there is an obvious 'water mark' part way up the screen.

I've stripped it to see what state the electronics are in, the main board has bits corroded off around what appear to be the voltage regulator areas, I'm guessing it was running when dropped..

The hard drive still worked fine! and I've used the caddy (with a new drive) for my other CF19.

All parts except battery & HDD caddy are available; all I want is cost of postage.

The case parts have patches of a white dusty residue / corrosion inside but generally look fine from the outside, and all the covers and hatches are in good condition.

The metalwork would probably be fine with a brush down & possibly a trace of WD40 to block corrosion. The various boards & display etc. are probably 'salvage only' - but the drive worked, so who knows...

If anyone has use for any of the bits, please contact me. The unwanted remains will be binned in a couple of weeks.
Robert Jenkins
Presently using a CF-31 Mk5, Toughbook #10 (I think.. too many to keep track of)

Connor922

Re: CF-19 Mk2 - free parts

#2 Post by Connor922 »

Do you still have this or has it gone to the junk pile? I'd be interested in all the doors and keyboard if they're available.

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade Trade Forum”