WTB CF52 keybaord connector lock and one missing screw

Post all queries to buy sell or trade Toughbooks in here.
wyrm73

WTB CF52 keybaord connector lock and one missing screw

#1 Post by wyrm73 »

Today was not one of my better days. I decided to try a free-to-me, non-Panasonic WWAN card in my CF-52. Despite the fact that it did not work, all was going well until the card removal. I managed to drop one of the small screws that holds the card down. As Murphy's law predicted, it fell down the one small hole it could find and came to rest all the way down inside the laptop case. A few curse words and a nearly complete disassembly later, I found the little bugger but not before I had broken the plastic keyboard cable lock on the bigger of the two cables. Not the motherboard end, but the little black piece. Does anyone have a spare one lying around I could buy or at least the part number to order one from Heartlands? Or even better a parts manual for a CF-52 Mk IV for the next time I lose or break something.

Speaking of which, I also managed to drop one of the screws for the speaker/ power switch cover, never to be found (well maybe the vacuum cleaner might have better luck). Not a good day for me. :damnit: If someone has one of those lying around as well....

My wife says I am grounded from my tools. :reallysad:

SHEEPMAN!

Re: WTB CF52 keybaord connector lock and one missing screw

#2 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

I have a 16"x 1x1 magnet on wheels that has seen extensive service both inside and outside. Enough to have destroyed the original short plastic handle. Replaced with a broken pitch fork handle. Roll it about and you can hear the tick sound when it finds a treasure.
Alternate is a radio speaker magnet in a sock. Pick stuff up and then take the magnet out of the sock and all the good stuff falls into a can.
Not suggesting that you wave these around to close to the computer. :D Just good for rugs and floors....and dirt.
Brainstorm---put the magnet in the sock in the vacuum cleaner bag. :)

Jeff..
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

wyrm73

Re: WTB CF52 keybaord connector lock and one missing screw

#3 Post by wyrm73 »

Disregard. Rob is getting me fixed up on this while I am getting the smartcard reader added.

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade Trade Forum”