[WTB/FS/TRADE] FrankenPanny Project, a fun sales game!

Post all queries to buy sell or trade Toughbooks in here.
R-T-B

Re: [WTB/FS/TRADE] FrankenPanny Project, a fun sales game!

#11 Post by R-T-B »

Yes, a mk1LL. I also need a way to read/flash it.

:)

mklym

#12 Post by mklym »

I have picked up a couple CF-52CCABVBM mk1L. Will the BIOS image from one of them work? If so, I need to know how to make a copy.

Also, parts arrived today. :D Should be able to play with them tonight, after I finish fresh OS and driver install on the second CF-52.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

R-T-B

#13 Post by R-T-B »

mklym wrote:I have picked up a couple CF-52CCABVBM mk1L. Will the BIOS image from one of them work? If so, I need to know how to make a copy.

Also, parts arrived today. :D Should be able to play with them tonight, after I finish fresh OS and driver install on the second CF-52.
How to make a copy is sort of the mystery that needs solving, hehe. It's something I have been unable to figure out.

mklym

#14 Post by mklym »

I found a tool on MyDigitalLife called Univaersal BIOS Backup. I used it to copy the BIOS from a CF-52CCABVBM with BIOS: V1.54L25. I have attached the file in .rar format. Should be able to use Pheonix BIOS flash utility to flash new BIOS. Hope it works for you.
Attachments
PhoenixTechnologiesLtd.-V1.54L25.rar
(635.5 KiB) Downloaded 338 times

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

R-T-B

#15 Post by R-T-B »

Thanks, I'll see if I can't do anything with that. My feeling is that I need something called a WPH file to flash that, but we'll see (I messed with this a bit already). I'll grant you the credit reward anyways for when I next get stuff to sell. :)

mklym

#16 Post by mklym »

Here is the WinPhlash program. I used it on one of my Z61. Not concerned about the credits, just trying to help the project along. Have Phun. :D
Attachments
WinPhlash.rar
(64.1 KiB) Downloaded 330 times

R-T-B

#17 Post by R-T-B »

mklym wrote:Here is the WinPhlash program. I used it on one of my Z61. Not concerned about the credits, just trying to help the project along. Have Phun. :D
Hehe, I'll either have fun, or a brick. We'll see! My goal is to remove the wifi whitelist, I'm a bit of a bios hacker in my spare time. ;)

mklym

#18 Post by mklym »

If you do have fun, and not a brick, I would sooner have a copy of the whitelist BIOS that the credits. Good luck.

R-T-B

#19 Post by R-T-B »

I may have something with the wifi whitelist, will know in a few days. Am a bit scarred to flash it to my device, hehe. Probably will break down and try it after some bucks from the next sale, so I can purchase a replacement if I kill this one. ;)

mklym

#20 Post by mklym »

Couldn't you back-up the original BIOS before you flash the hacked one?

Send it to me and I will flash it into one of the 2 mk1L I have. If it bricks and I can not revive it there will be a bunch of CF-52 mk1 parts for sale. :D

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade Trade Forum”