[WTB/FS/TRADE] FrankenPanny Project, a fun sales game!

Post all queries to buy sell or trade Toughbooks in here.
R-T-B

[WTB/FS/TRADE] FrankenPanny Project, a fun sales game!

#1 Post by R-T-B »

Ok, that's a weird title I admit. But it's not as weird as my idea, I assure you. Last night looking at my bucket of misc "I'll use them someday" Panasonic parts, I thought "I must have a whole CF-52 in there..." Turns out I do, a bottom rung Mark 1, but still I have one. Meet Franken Panny:

Ignore the MS-paint photoshop job. This machine is totally legit. Well, not really, I made it. Observe:

This is how it's a game and belongs in the sales forum. The goal of FrankenPanny is to become the king of Frankenstein CF-52 Panasonics. From it's humble Mk1 Orgins, I want to slowly upgrade it one piece at a time to become an awesome and incredibly machine... Let's see how far we can take this thing. Nothing is off limits. The only rule is all parts for FrankenPanny must either be traded directly for or funded from the sale of items on ToughbookTalk. The entire upgrade process will in exchange be documented and the machine's entire transformation posted here. Everyone who donates or trades or buys something off me here will get their username in the "hall of fame" on the CF-52's model tag. Permanent Ink people!

Sounds fun, right? I'll be listing some trade stuff here as well as the parts FrankenPanny needs in the following reserved posts. To keep it fun, there is no profit here, every item I list is heavily discounted and every purchase you make gives you 10% back in FrankenBucks, which I'll record and can be used to buy anything I am selling.

Here is FrankenPanny right now, as of 03/30/13 (you can see my father in the background surrendering his CF-29 to me for shipping as I sold it for him to Sadlmakr, it was taken a few days ago and he now has a CF-50):

BIOS Screen, it doesn't think it has an optical drive, but it does! See below:

Awful Mutant Optical Drive:

I'll get the ball rolling: For the first FrankenPanny Upgrade and to earn my username on FrankenPanny, I will purchase a Panasonic UJ-220 IDE Blu-Ray burner to replace that awful optical drive.

Thanks for looking, and let the transformation begin! :D

R-T-B

Re: [WTB/FS/TRADE] FrankenPanny Project, a fun sales game!

#2 Post by R-T-B »

Post reserved for for sale/trade items. Will have stuff here soon!

Here's a picture for now. Prices and descriptions to follow, feel free to make offers in the mean time if desperate for something:

THE LIST

1x 120GB (Dual 60GB Platter) 7200RPM Seagate HD. This drive is only available in China as part of a PC they manufacture for domestic use there, and has been imported by yours truly for your pleasure. :) It has the fastest access times of any laptop IDE HD in the WORLD. The WD and Samsung 160GB single platter offerings beat it in raw bandwidth a little bit, but not by much. Asking a modest $70... It's been very lightly used, and by that I mean plugged in and formatted and never used since then. :)

Panasonic CF-VZSU29ASU, Used, holds excellent charge: SOLD!

Thinkpad Media bay battery from T500, virtually unused with cool holder: $25 SOLD!

1x Toshiba Single platter 320GB 7200RPM HD, unused: $25 --SOLD

1x Toshiba 250GB 7200RPM HD: $10 --SOLD

1x Hitachi 120GB Panansonic pulled 7200RPM HD: $7.50 SOLD!

1x 2GB sticks of DDR2: $7.50 Patriot brand. :)

2x DDR3-1333 G.SKILL High performance laptop ram: $12.50 each --ALL SOLD

1x Intel "Robson" Turbo Memory 2GB Mini PCIE Half size card: $17.50

1x spare 5 Amp Panasonic AC Adapter, used: SOLD!

2x Thinkpad BD-RE SATA Burner from T500: $40 each SOLD!

a complete T500 system with good LCD, no ram/HD/CPU, dead mainboard: $40

a complete T60p with good LCD, no ram/HD/CPU, good mainboard: $40 --SOLD

a Core 2 Duo T9600 CPU: $35 SOLD!

a Core 2 Duo T7600 CPU (Great for CF-51 upgrade!): $55 SOLD!
I will photograph most of these/all of them upon request and as time allows

Last edited by R-T-B on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 16 times in total.

R-T-B

#3 Post by R-T-B »

WHAT FRANKENPANNY NEEDS NEXT:

FrankenPanny's first goal is to fix his cosmetic issues.

First off, we need a new Panasonic logo to fill in some cracks that have developed around the CF-52 latch. I value this at 50 FrankenBucks (basically store credit).

I also need a CF-52 DVD drive bezel as this one barely hangs on 7.50 FrankenBucks

Any CF-52 Motherboard Mk2 or greater will earn you a great deal, contact me to discuss.

I can also pay cash if someone buys something, a basic rule is I can not dip into my side businesses funds for this, so just store credit for now!

Also, if anyone can get me a CF-52CC BIOS Image to play with, I'll reward you with 5 Frankenbucks for the tip.

THE TRANSFORMATION

FrankenPanny is still working on his cocoon, come back later.

We now have a $300 budget to spend on parts. :)
Last edited by R-T-B on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

ADOR

#4 Post by ADOR »

1x Toshiba Single platter 320GB 7200RPM HD, unused: $25

1x Toshiba 250GB 7200RPM HD: $10

2x 2GB sticks of DDR2: $7.50 each

a complete T61p with good LCD, no ram/HD/CPU, good mainboard: $40

2 DDR3-1333 G.SKILL High performance laptop ram: $12.50 each

I will take those, just pm me your info. Let me see if I have anything you can use in my parts pile. I don't have many CF-52 parts left.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

R-T-B

#5 Post by R-T-B »

You have an eye for the good deals ADOR. :) I did say they were discounted right? :D PM being sent now.

I know the CF-52 isn't the most popular model here but it should make a fun way to trade parts if nothing else... Let me know if you find anything. :)

EDIT: Oops, that's a T60p not a T61p... Fixing now.

ADOR

#6 Post by ADOR »

I have had two so far. One was dead and I couldn't get it back up and going. It went to another member for parts. The other one I just got complete and give it my oldest boy. Mk1 core 2 duo 2.0, 4gb ram, and HD2300 video card. As soon as the prices drop on the Mk2 with 3650 a little more I will most likely pick one of them up.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

mklym

#7 Post by mklym »

Thinkpad Media bay battery from T500, virtually unused with cool holder: $25

1x Hitachi 120GB Panansonic pulled 7200RPM HD: $7.50

2x Thinkpad BD-RE SATA Burner from T500: $40 each I'll buy one.

a Core 2 Duo T9600 CPU: $35

a Core 2 Duo T7600 CPU (Great for CF-51 upgrade!): $55

These are the parts I am interested in. PM the payment and shipping info. Thanks.

EDIT: Changed my mind, also want:

Panasonic CF-VZSU29ASU, Used, holds excellent charge: $25

1x spare 5 Amp Panasonic AC Adapter, used: $25

2nd Thinkpad BD-RE SATA Burner from T500: $40

Now the there should be a good enough budget to get some upgrades. :D
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

R-T-B

#8 Post by R-T-B »

2 more items listed, another stick of DDR2 and a Intel 2GB Turbo Memory module half-size miniPCIE. :)

R-T-B

#9 Post by R-T-B »

Just added a pretty sweet IDE Laptop HD for you CF-29/CF-51 refurbishers.

120GB (Dual 60GB Platter) 7200RPM Seagate HD. This drive is only available in China, and has the fastest access times of any laptop IDE HD in the WORLD. The WD and Samsung 160GB single platter offerings beat it in raw bandwidth a little bit, but not by much. Asking a modest $70... It's been very lightly used, and by that I mean plugged in and formatted and never used again. :)

Shawn

#10 Post by Shawn »

Also, if anyone can get me a CF-52CC BIOS Image to play with, I'll reward you with 5 Frankenbucks for the tip.

What do you mean by a CC bios? Are you looking for a mk1 bios?
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade Trade Forum”