CF-74Mk4 w/ssd and W7P64bit

Post all questions and information about the CF-7x series in here.
mklym

CF-74Mk4 w/ssd and W7P64bit

#1 Post by mklym »

I spent some of the weekend upgrading a CF-74JCJBKAM. I installed a 160GB Intel ssd and put Win7Pro 64-bit on it. Also installed 8GB of PC2-6400 ram because I had the sticks sitting there doing nothing. :D

Once I had the OS in, I went to Intel and ran the driver finder program. I downloaded the chipset, video, LAN and WLAN drivers. I then installed the chipset driver and rebooted. Actually, I rebooted after each driver/program installation.

I had already downloaded the Panasonic drivers and programs for a CF-52P/Q running W7P64-bit. Basically, I followed the pdf, even though it seems to list the drivers and programs in alphabetical order. After installing the video driver, and rebooting, I installed the newer driver from Intel. The LAN driver used was the Intel driver. The WLAN from Intel would not install. Or so it seemed.

Once I had all the Panasonic drivers and programs I wanted to use installed I did MS updates. It installed the drivers for the Sierra Wireless WWAN card. I have not installed software for it so have not tested it.

The only problem seems to be the PC Info Viewer. It gives a SetDiag.exe error about failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Any ideas what the problem is?

Other than that, everything seems to be running okay. The unit boots, from the disappearance of the Panasonic boot screen to the appearance of the login box, in about 12 sec and shuts down in about 5 sec. I have not done any optimizing of the OS for the ssd yet, so those times should get shorter.

One thing to note is that I did not use any Panasonic touchscreen drivers. W7 detected and installed drivers for the touchscreen. I calibrated it through the PC Tablet program in the Control Panel and it has been perfect.

All that is left to do is install third party programs.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “CF-74 / CF-73 / CF-72 / CF-71 Talk (Discontinued Models)”