CF-53 MK3 GPS & WWAN Questions

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
New_to_CF-53

CF-53 MK3 GPS & WWAN Questions

#1 Post by New_to_CF-53 »

Question 1: Is anyone using the internal factory GPS in the CF-53 MK3? I have a new-to-me unit that was restored to factory settings. The GPS shows up in the BIOS and passes the test in the diagnostics that are accessible via the BIOS setup screens.

However, I can't figure out which port the GPS is talking to or how to access it. Any comments about which mapping software works well with the internal GPS would also be welcome.

Question 2: What Verizon LTE card is recommended for this machine? No WWAN card is installed but the computer does have the SIM card slot/socket on the back. Also, since some CF-53SDLEV1M units shipped with the Verizon LTE option, I would assume that all I need is an LTE card and a Verizon LTE card (plus a little configuration) to make it work.

All comments and suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks!

New_to_CF-53

Re: CF-53 MK3 GPS & WWAN Questions

#2 Post by New_to_CF-53 »

Update:

I determined that the GPS uses COM 2 and now can access it. It works fine. Still looking for software recommendations.

Still wondering about the WWAN retrofit.

Thanks!

User32

#3 Post by User32 »

New_to_CF-53 wrote:Update:

I determined that the GPS uses COM 2 and now can access it. It works fine. Still looking for software recommendations.

Still wondering about the WWAN retrofit.

Thanks!
I really like MapFactor Navigator Free on my 19's: http://navigatorfree.mapfactor.com/en/

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

Probably a Gobi 2000, maybe 3000. I do not know a lot about WWAN.
Make sure you get a card that cae from a Toughbook. Others will cause trouble.
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”