some new to me cf-51's

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
Bill_TN

some new to me cf-51's

#1 Post by Bill_TN »

Is a cf-51 with 10 hours neat? Just "received" about 6 cf-51's and the one I bothered with so far just has 10 hours on it. No hdd carriers or dvd drives with them. But I know I can fix at least the lack of dvd.
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

Bill_TN

Re: some new to me cf-51's

#2 Post by Bill_TN »

cf-51pf4eebm By the configurator thingy, they are mk-3's decent centrino's I have the dvd's here and only actually lacking hdd caddies. Can acquire. Not a bad haul I think.
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

Twocents

#3 Post by Twocents »

You can also upgrade the processors I believe. T7600 is the fastest processor, though there have been reports of heat issues from some people that have done this. I've also had no problems upgrading the wireless to N with Intel wireless cards. People have successfully installed SSDs using a Minerva ST663FD9 mSATA to IDE adapter. Don't try a cheaper adapter, issues of not being able to install a M$ OS and the laptop bios losing the drive have been reported. Enjoy modding them :)

SHEEPMAN!

#4 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

I'm throwing some 51 caddies (still in wrapper) in your box. It's almost full. Soon as I migrate it in from the woodshed I might remember to ship it.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Bill_TN

#5 Post by Bill_TN »

FINALLY got around to actually loading an OS into one of these and play with it. Loaded Watt 9 64 bit. Snappy and very functional. Played MC all weekend without getting hot or a single hiccup. Doesn't seem to be any wireless in it. Even tho the numbers say it was an option. Guess it was opted out. Don't see a switch or anything for wireless. Plain Jane bare bones unit. Heck I can trim the face of one of the dvd units and it will open with out a hang up. NOT a perfect fit but functional. Might even have an old faceing somewhere in the pileoparts. Has a SD card slot on front. Haven't tried playing movies yet, but so far not a bad toy. I can over come the lack of wireless easily enough. Have different pc card types and usb dongles. Not a great fan of wireless any ways. The cases look real nice. Think these units didn't see much usage. Going to be fun to try this hdd in each one and test them all out. Can not get over how clean they are. LOL. Will need to get drive carriers tho, if I'm going to put drives in them.

Bill_TN

#6 Post by Bill_TN »

Well one of todays experiments was a bust. The cf-51 disk I have is for a mk 1 and did not work on my mk3? maybe mk2? I forget which. But was worth a try. Trying a XP variant that I have just for fun.

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”