CF-50 mark numbers

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
ToughNut

CF-50 mark numbers

#1 Post by ToughNut »

Hi all,
I finally decided not waste more time troubleshooting a faulty non-boot 1.5ghz CF-50JAKUJKE. Thanks to those who did chipped in on the NBR thread.

Instead, bought another... CF-50HB2FUDM (1.6ghz UXGA) from fleabay. No optical drive, no caddy, no ac adapter but fortunately, a working battery. From the configurator, this is supposed to be a 'Federal' unit but what Mark number is this?

I swapped the parts over to the 'new' 50, installed OEM XP and am experiencing hiccups with driver installations. Suspect I downloaded the wrong drivers but both Japanese and Canadian support site doesn't list the model (think I'm having one of those 'blind' moments). Appreciate if someone can point me an URL or something. Many TIA.

If "Tough-2-go" is still here, yeah, the CF-51 is nice and thanks for the recommendation. My daughter is now happily using a CF-51RCLDFBM (1.66 DuoCore) for her school projects.

Ron in SG

Silver Trooper

Re: CF-50 mark numbers

#2 Post by Silver Trooper »

Hard to tell, but if I were to guess it is either a MK2 or MK3. What kind of "hiccups" are you experiencing? If you do not get the dreaded "this model not supported", then the driver should work. Toughbookexchange.com has it listed in Google and they have another model with the same "U" in the model number. You might give them a call and see if they can enlighten you.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

tomcat57

#3 Post by tomcat57 »

Mark Numbers can be determined by the bios revision #
Bios revision V 1 is a mk1 and so on

Federal usually means no wireless only

Alex

ToughNut

#4 Post by ToughNut »

Silver Trooper wrote:...If you do not get the dreaded "this model not supported", then the driver should work
Going by Alex's observations, should be a MK3 then. BIOS version V3.01L10B and the COA is for Win2K. Yeah, I was getting "this model not supported" while installing MK3's XP drivers. Is there no other option but stick with Win2K on this 50? TIA for any further suggestions.
Ron in SG

tomcat57

#5 Post by tomcat57 »

Do the unusual step of using WinRar to unextract each mk-3 xp driver and manualy install then
Must be something to do will a coa for w2k not xp

Alex

ToughNut

#6 Post by ToughNut »

Thanks Alex. I never would have thought of that. Will re-attempt over the weekend and see how that goes.
Ron in SG

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”