Playing with the cf-52 now.

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
Bill_TN

Playing with the cf-52 now.

#1 Post by Bill_TN »

Did a kind of side load on this one. Actually just lazy. It's a CF-52CCABXBM And I cheated by putting a hdd from one of my CF-74's into the carrier and plugging it in. Bang one lazy mans W7 on a 52. Had to update a few things driver wise, but all in all it works. Actually thinking about making a back up of this one, grabbing a larger hdd, doing a re-install of W7 on the bigger drive. Then using the back up to get it back up to this point. Then can dual boot it with something Linuxy. Would also then be able to free this hdd to go back to the 74 it came from. :spinny:
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

Bill_TN

Re: Playing with the cf-52 now.

#2 Post by Bill_TN »

Two 80gb hdd's to swap around with for this one. But if my back-up/reimage idea works it will have at least a 320 gb which will be dual boot. Right now it has 1 w7 and 1 I think it's Watt 9 lxde. I think they are just 32 bit installs, but I do nothing that requires much. The hardest things I use it for is vehicle diagnostics, surfing, watching movies, and playing minecraft.
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”