CF-52 WWAN Wires

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
d9e5v4

CF-52 WWAN Wires

#1 Post by d9e5v4 »

I bought a sierra wireless mc7700 (ATT 4g) Wwan modem for my cf-52vaaby1m. There are 2 wires for on the toughbook, but 3 "ports" on the card. (Main) (GPS) (Aux). Anybody know which wires go where? I assume the longer of the 2 goes to the longer to get to port (Main) but not sure about which the other goes to gps or aux. I'm hoping I can have the gps going on this but don't know. Thanks for any replies. Justin

cf29fs

Re: CF-52 WWAN Wires

#2 Post by cf29fs »

On my CF-31 there is a "Dummy" where two antennas cables (green & gray) are attached - I had to remove it before installing WWAN card. the "GPS" socket can be ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksXQHJtbs_A

shows for left socket the gray - and right the black. But this depends on the arrangement of the sockets on the card itself. AUX means the antenna which can be connected through socket near Portreplicator - the MAIN is the internal antenna. Since there is a 50:50 chance, just do a trial & error :-) If you get no signal then switch cabeling

By the way: You can do me a favour (if you want) -

- goto "device manager" from control panel
- search the WWAN/MC7700
- click on it (left button)
- open context menu (right click)
- goto tab "Details"
- pick "Hardware ID's" and provide the first entry

I'm trying to get my MC7710 running in CF-31 - and it looks like Panasonic denials installing 3rd party cards - so my Idea is to rewrite the cards's identifications and then install drivers manually

cheers,
Frank

d9e5v4

#3 Post by d9e5v4 »

Ok, after a bunch of research, I've got wwan and GPS working. I've never messed with wwan so this was a learning experience. Here's what I had to do (it MAY help someone) This is for a CF-52 so YMMV with others

-I installed the wwan card and put one wire on the "MAIN" and the other on "GPS"
-In the bios there is an option "optional kit configuration" , the "WwanId" was "08" (no ").
-The software wouldn't detect the modem even though it was detected in my device manager. Come to find out these things have 2 modes "QMI" and "DIP". Mine needed to be in QMI but was in DIP. Therefore the software wasn't seeing it. There's a way to check but it's easier to just show how to put it into QMI mode. There is software called BZ31018_DIP_QMI_ModeSwitch from sierra that switches between the 2 modes. Run it and uncheck the box and hit continue to put it into QMI Mode.

http://www.business.panasonic.com/suppo ... esscarrier
http://www.e-lins.com/EN/download/drive ... Switch.zip

-Once that's done install the ATT_MC7700_Driver_v3617_Win_XP_7 driver software from the panasonic site. That will install the windows drivers for the mc7700
-Install mc7700_03_05_29_0_software this updates the firmware i believe
-Then install Sierra_Aircard_Watcher_v3728_Win_XP_7 from panasonic and you should be gtg.

**This is for a CF-52vaaby1m and gobi4000 mc7700 att lte wwan card. It may help you at least have a good base to start.

cf29fs wrote: By the way: You can do me a favour (if you want) -

- goto "device manager" from control panel
- search the WWAN/MC7700
- click on it (left button)
- open context menu (right click)
- goto tab "Details"
- pick "Hardware ID's" and provide the first entry

I'm trying to get my MC7710 running in CF-31 - and it looks like Panasonic denials installing 3rd party cards - so my Idea is to rewrite the cards's identifications and then install drivers manually

cheers,
Frank

It's referenced a few times in device manager

category
device desciption
device id

Modems
Sierra Wireless WWAN Modem
USB\Vid_1199&Pid_68a2&MI_03

Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Sierra Wireless WWAN Device
USB\VID_1199&PID_68A2&REV_0006
USB\VID_1199&PID_68A2

Network Adapters
Sierra Wireless Mobile Broadband Network Adapter
USB\Vid_1199&Pid_68a2&MI_08

Ports (Com & LPT)
Sierra Wireless DM Port (COM17)
USB\Vid_1199&Pid_68a2&MI_00

Sierra Wireless NMEA Port (COM18)
USB\Vid_1199&Pid_68a2&MI_02
Last edited by d9e5v4 on Thu May 07, 2015 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

Good work....
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”