CF53 woes

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
Shawn

Re: CF53 woes

#11 Post by Shawn »

Oh yes I have it all apart.....I cut the double sided tape and pulled the bezel away from the LCD and rear half.

I meant I would like to have the LCD, not the whole top screen assembly.
Life will beat you into submission.

safn1949

#12 Post by safn1949 »

I know,what I did was I took just the thin film panel out.I didn't have the correct complete LCD so I just replaced that film. And it worked much to my suprise,I reused the rest of the LCD including the backlight.
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

Shawn

#13 Post by Shawn »

OK....

Shawn

#14 Post by Shawn »

Been looking at this setup.....
It's very different. It has a "inverter" pcb for the led backlight. This same board also powers and controls the touchscreen. On the back of that pcb it has printed info about it being the interface for the webcam also..

Really odd thing is that this lcd panel has a led "inverter" built in. On this CF53 the lcd's built in "inverter" is not used.
I am guessing that the touchscreen and backlight are interconnected...I am curious if Panasonic goofed on the power calculations. The touchscreen / backlight combination may use more current than the board / connector can handle. Probably not a problem on non touchscreen units.

I'd really like to see a schematic for this beasty..

safn1949

#15 Post by safn1949 »

I agree it was real different,I plugged my replacement LCD in and fired it up. Nothing. That's what got me thinking so I took the broken one and plugged just the LCD cable it and booted,also nothing.

Then plugged the long cable running to the left top (from back)and it lite up. Well I was sunk,didn't mind no touch but there was no where to plug the backlight cable into this LCD. Must have been a no touch as it had a cable integrated into the left side (looking at the back) that ran to the led.

So I took the LCD apart and mated the film to the old LCD case. Like I said I was amazed that it worked. Might have the panel still,got to look see.
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

Shawn

#16 Post by Shawn »

Kerry,
I am very interested in what panel without Touchscreen you tried and how it did not work..
Did you use the old or new pcb from the rear of the lcd panel?

I have collected a lot of interesting info about these panels...I "may" have alternative touchscreen panels that will work..

I am going to do some sort of custom repair....I may eliminate the touchscreen completely..

teo

#17 Post by teo »

Shawn wrote:Hee Haw..If it wernt for bad luck.......

What voltage does the lcd backlight driver need on a CF53? Teo?

I "may" be able to use an aftermarket led driver and voltage source..

my misfortune...
Shawn! Thats what I am saying before, that this unit CF-53 has a common issue. The culprit is that cable harness cannot handle the current flow on it. Then overtime, it started to burned the cable where it is being terminated on the connnector.

First clean it up the potion where it looks like was burned. Then test all the small component that you may think was burned. I have one unit that looks like no different from yours but after cleaning it up and checked all the component including its fuses. It still good, the only problem is the cable harness.

teo

Shawn

#18 Post by Shawn »

I am pretty sure the surface mount pins for the connector on the motherboard are damaged. I cleaned it off but did not get a photo yet.
I will set up my Nikon with the macro and get a real photo later tonight.

I have found a lot of information on these lcd panels. i will put it in a Dropbox file for you Teo...

safn1949

#19 Post by safn1949 »

Shawn wrote:Kerry,
I am very interested in what panel without Touchscreen you tried and how it did not work..
Did you use the old or new pcb from the rear of the lcd panel?

I have collected a lot of interesting info about these panels...I "may" have alternative touchscreen panels that will work..

I am going to do some sort of custom repair....I may eliminate the touchscreen completely..
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 88&alt=web
When I bought this I thought no big deal,I have replaced several LCDs in the past,whoo boy was I wrong.
This is the screen I used,I think I used the new PCB? This was a first for me and I believe the PCB was attached to the LCD sheet. Trust me I was flying blind.

The touchscreen worked but wouldn't calibrate,the right lower quadrant was goofy. As you moved the stylus to the right bottom corner,the mouse and stylus got farther apart. I'm sure it was fixable but I was already pushing my luck and didn't want to take it apart again.

I was going to remove the touchscreen but I didn't have anything to attach the LCD to the bezel firmly at the time. I will look and see if I saved the panel but I doubt it.

safn1949

#20 Post by safn1949 »

I'll be darned,I do have it. :D

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”