CF-52 Mk2 BIOS WWAN settings disappeared

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
mklym

CF-52 Mk2 BIOS WWAN settings disappeared

#1 Post by mklym »

I was playing with my CF-52GFNBVAM and some Sierra Wireless cards today. Put in an MC8781, booted into BIOS to verify the WWAN was enabled. The WWAN light by the wireless switch was on. I saved and exited the BIOS. The card was found by Vista Business 64-bit and wanted to install drivers. I cancelled that and, after a few attempts with the Panasonic Sierra Aircard Watcher software, I installed the generic Sierra Aircard Watcher (Watcher_Generic_2062). It installed okay. Then I ran a firmware upgrade with no problems.

I rebooted and when I got to the desktop the Watcher started up. It said there was no SIM card present, which was correct. I fired up the GPS Monitor and started tracking. Sitting on my desk with 2 other laptops running, I locked onto 8 sats. in about a minute. Played around with it for a few minutes then exited both the GPS and Aircard Watcher. All was good. I should have left well enough alone. :doh:

I decided to see how the Leadtek Winfast Navigator worked compared to the Sierra software. I downloaded a copy and installed it. No problems. Started the program and hit 'connect'. Next I got a window to choose the port and baud rate. I verified the port and baud rate for the gps in device manager as com port 7 and 9600 baud so I selected those settings in the Winfast window and clicked okay. The window popped open again in a few seconds. It didn't matter what port or baud I selected, the window would just pop open, so I hit the reset button. I just went with the default setting, hot reset I think it was, and hit okay. Nothing. So I shut Winfast down and started up Watcher. It said no device found. There was no WWAN light on by the wireless switch so I rebooted. Going into the BIOS I found the WWAN setting entry was gone. I can not figure out how to get it back.

Can anyone help out? It would be great to use the MC8781 as it has GPS, SMS and Voice capabilities. The GPS seemed to work well.

I have since uninstalled Winfast Navigator.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

i58sr

Re: CF-52 Mk2 BIOS WWAN settings disappeared

#2 Post by i58sr »

Hi mklym

Remove the battery and power supply. Press the power button a couple of times with the power and battery removed.

Now check your bios….

mklym

Re: CF-52 Mk2 BIOS WWAN settings disappeared

#3 Post by mklym »

Thank you i58r. I have the WWAN settings back. The day is off to a good start.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”