I am making this an announcement because it should prove VERY helpful to most people that read it. Anyone that has more things to add please post and I will add it to this thread! Thanks
1) CF-30 D-Rings are VERY helpful to have when you want a shoulder strap. They are cheap too. P/N: DFMD9104ZA-0 - $4.27/each ($8.54 for a pair)
2) You can put a CF-30 OR a CF-31 Handle on a CF-29 to provide a stylus tether - DFKH8009YB-0 - $68.30
3) You can use a CF-27 handle on a CF-52 to provide a nice shoulder strap option since the CF-27 handles have the two loops built into it. NOTE: It will cover the MIC port, but the Audio out port will still be accessible.
4) You can split apart the black metal clamp part of a CF-29 D-ring and put a CF-30 D-ring on it to make the ring usable with a normal strap (You would have to split the CF-30 D-ring apart too of coarse). - So that you won't have to purchase the proprietary strap for the CF-29
5) The 3.75A AC Adapters are the SAME for the following models: CF-18/CF-19/CF-T5/CF-T7/CF-T8
6) The 5A AC adapters are the SAME for the following models: CF-29/CF-30/CF-31/CF-73/CF-74/CF-50/CF-51/CF-52/CF-53
7) A CF-29 battery will work just fine in a CF-30 AND a CF-31. We have yet to determine if a CF-30 battery with a ground down tab will work in a CF-29.
8 ) An emmisive backlit keyboard will work with a CF-29/CF-30/CF-31 AND CF-53
9) You cannot, under any circumstance put an emmisive or rubber keyboard on the CF-52! It doesn't have the 3rd connector for the light portion.
10) The CF-30 and CF-31 HDD caddies/heaters/etc are EXACTLY the same and can be interchanged. Updated 1/17/12 - NEW MK2 CF-31 caddies look totally different, but work just the same in all CF-30's and CF-31's.
11) The CF-30 D-rings will work on the CF-31
12) The CF-29/CF-30/CF-31 handles are ALL interchangeable with subtle differences between the CF-30 touch handle and the CF-31 touch handle.
13) The CF-30 finger print reader works and fits the same in a CF-31. Only thing is that you will have to get the modified left handle base from Heartland Services that has the fingerprint reader notch-out in it.
14) The CF-18, CF-19 & CF-U1 TOUCHSCREEN (not digitizer pens) stylus's are all the SAME.
15) The 5.5A output LIND adapters will work just the same and fine with CF-29/30/31/50/51/52/53/73/74/18/19's
16) The optical drives for CF-29, CF-30 & CF-31 are NOT cross compatible with ANY other fully rugged!
17) ALL CF-19's are WWAN READY! It only affects which provider you are using based on the card going into the machine (Antennas are all already there!!) Check the DIP switch settings too HERE: http://toughbooktalk.com/public_downloa ... 9%20Stuff/
18) To put internal WWAN into a CF-30 it has to be a WWAN ready model ~OR~ a model that previously had WWAN capabilities (It HAS to have the antenna in the upper left corner of the screen!!!).
19) ANY CF-30 that needs WWAN NEEDS a WWAN sled!
20) The CF-29 CD-ROM door will work fine on a CF-30 as long as you also replace the top latch portion that the door clips into that you have to remove the keyboard to get to (2 screws).
21) GOBI 1000 does NOT have GPS built in
22) GOBI 2000 HAS BUILT IN GPS - can be added to any Toughbook supporting GOBI to quickly add GPS to a unit that doesn't have GPS.
23) The Dogbone logo (Lid "Toughbook" Badge) is the SAME for the CF-19, CF-30 & CF-31.