Panasonic Restore CD Crack

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
i58sr

Re: Panasonic Restore CD Crack

#11 Post by i58sr »

Shawn wrote:This is interesting. What I want to do,is to be able to use a CF30 mk3 win7 image on my CF30 mk2. The hardware should be close enough. I should have an extra 32gb sata drive. When I get a chance, I will try and report back. I.

Hi Shawn

The 30m3 win7 image will boot on a 30m2 with a few hardware not found errors… but really no big deal.

The same is not true with XP it will bsod. The hardware on the 30m2 and 30m3 are completely different in addition the 30m3 moved to the American Megatrends bios.

I was told the 30m3 is and the 31m1 are nearly a clone.

I made this for recovering XP. As long as the PC will boot to USB these images can go on any unit.

I would like to do this for win 7 images but ghost 2003 won’t work with 7
Attachments
USB Recovery (Small).JPG
USB Recovery (Small).JPG (31.65 KiB) Viewed 6575 times

Shawn

#12 Post by Shawn »

Very nice.

I am wanting to mod the Panasonic Win7 recovery DVD for a mk3 to install on a mk2. I have heard others swap hdd's from mk3 to mk2 and they load. The recovery DVD checks to see if it's a mk3 or not.
i58sr wrote:
Shawn wrote:This is interesting. What I want to do,is to be able to use a CF30 mk3 win7 image on my CF30 mk2. The hardware should be close enough. I should have an extra 32gb sata drive. When I get a chance, I will try and report back. I.

Hi Shawn

The 30m3 win7 image will boot on a 30m2 with a few hardware not found errors… but really no big deal.

The same is not true with XP it will bsod. The hardware on the 30m2 and 30m3 are completely different in addition the 30m3 moved to the American Megatrends bios.

I was told the 30m3 is and the 31m1 are nearly a clone.

I made this for recovering XP. As long as the PC will boot to USB these images can go on any unit.

I would like to do this for win 7 images but ghost 2003 won’t work with 7
Life will beat you into submission.

i58sr

#13 Post by i58sr »

Yes , You will get the machine not supported message. When I had the 30M3's I would load the win 7 recovery...when finished I would shut down and move drive the the 30M2.

This is where some of the hardware not found errors come in....no big deal close all and reboot.

Before I sold the 30M3's I installed win 7 on every extra HDD sitting around. I would like to make images of this. I need a image software that will work with win 7 and does not require activation. I reimage so often that any software that requires activation is useless.

Shawn

#14 Post by Shawn »

i58sr wrote:Yes , You will get the machine not supported message. When I had the 30M3's I would load the win 7 recovery...when finished I would shut down and move drive the the 30M2.

This is where some of the hardware not found errors come in....no big deal close all and reboot.

Before I sold the 30M3's I installed win 7 on every extra HDD sitting around. I would like to make images of this. I need a image software that will work with win 7 and does not require activation. I reimage so often that any software that requires activation is useless.

I only have 1 cf30. I need to get past the error message.
Ever try Microsoft ImageX? It's in win7 and vista. Command line though.
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”