This is a dream come TRUE. Please read!

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

This is a dream come TRUE. Please read!

#1 Post by Rob »

We are coming up on 1 year at Toughbooktalk.com on March 16th and it wouldn't be at all possible without all of your hard work and dedication to this hobby that we ALL LOVE! If you didn't notice, I have put a link up in the upper left corner of the site to donate money. Now, of coarse I'm not expecting anyone to donate. However, if you feel that it is in your heart to do so then go ahead. All the money will go into my Giganet Hosting bank account and will go towards internet bills, electric bills and gas bills for the generator and everything else, as well as network upgrades over the next year. As of now EVERYTHING has been running smooth BY GODS GRACE for the last year without to many problems. Now is the recession time, which is why I have put the donation link up. Thanks for all the help! I am very excited to see what the next 5 years will bring of Toughbooktalk and Toughwiki!!! It will be a FUN ride!

I want you all to know that this is a dream come true for me. I’ve always dreamed about opening my own company and providing sales and services for Toughbook related things and this IS A DREAM COME TRUE! It tickles me pink to know that people actually give the time of day to help contribute EVERY SINGLE DAY. I say all of this from the bottom of my heart!

I want to thank some people and highlight some of the main points that have been happening over the last year below. If I miss someone then just say: "HEY ROB, WHAT THE HELL?? You missed me!!" and I'll do my best to highlight the needful.

Alex (Tomcat 57) - You are my number one guy. You have been with me since DAY 1. Without you, spammers and jerks would have over-run the site while I was away working on other things. Alex and I both know that it is IMPOSSIBLE to monitor a site 24/7 so between the two of us, we have kept it under control banning IP’s and deleting spammers.

Phil (Canukam) – You have graciously handed over toughwiki.com for FREE. You are a great person for doing this. With your help I have successfully gotten the entire site up and running (minus the email as of now, which is in the agenda to be fixed) in 2 days flat! You are a very great person for contributing this HUGE site, which with the help of everyone we can make it even BIGGER!

Rick (Toughbook) – You are a great modder. You have been with me since DAY 1 as well. You know your SH IT! If anyone has any questions about anything, I don’t think there is a single answer that Rick can’t answer!

Toyo – You are a VERY gracious human being for helping others out with your technet account. We can’t thank you enough for that!

Robert (Silver Trooper) – You are a contribution to this form based on real life experience. You are never biased and you are always truthful! Thank you so much for your contributions.

Ken (Springfield) – You are a great guy to talk to. Thanks for your input!

Teo (Teo) - You mysterious person you! We don’t know your name… hrrrrmmm, what can I say about you…. Thanks for all your help man!

Jerry (Capt.Dogfish) – Thanks for all of your support with the CF-18’s and contributing to the eBay deals section! Your input is graciously welcomed!

Andy (OperationDinnerOut) – Good to know that you are around and that I’m not the only 23 year old running around lol. Thanks for doing business with my company as well, it means a LOT to me!

Blair (Toughasnails) – You are a MAJOR contributor to the site and all of your input is VERY WELCOME!

Bill (Azrial) - You are the new guy that took us all by surprise. Whenever there is a new guy coming in to this business we always wait with question to see if this guy will actually help and not just be a leech. You are awesome! You have some VERY insightful knowledge and are not afraid to take risks to fix and mod things! VERY GOOD!

Paul (Doobi) – You have been here from the beginning as well. You have contributed so much even though you are a busy busy person! Thank you so much!!

Connor (Connor922) - You have always been here contributing a TON. Thank you for your time man!
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

Connor922

Re: This is a dream come TRUE. Please read!

#2 Post by Connor922 »

LoL I didnt make the list :damnit:

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#3 Post by Rob »

Connor922 wrote:LoL I didnt make the list :damnit:
It's funny because I had you on the list and all of a sudden you wern't there. Anyways I've fixed it now :doh:
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

ToughNut

#4 Post by ToughNut »

Rob,
You forgot about the one who can huff and puff and toast your house down in one fiery, wickedly humorous one-liner. The crowd here is great and I can feel the camaraderie despite oceans apart. Guess I just wanted to say thanks for hosting this one-of-a-kind hangout. I'm comfortable here even though I know so much lesser than the rest.
Ron in SG

Toughbook

#5 Post by Toughbook »

Rob,

Congrats! Sorry I haven't posted more but you certainly have the "Cream of the Crop" on this board. Personally I think you should have it as an "Invitation Only" area where we can freely discuss stuff without having the eye's of con artists who rip off info without contributing. If I'm not mistaken... That is how you originally set it up didn't you?

I need to start posting more on both forums.... I've just been too busy with builds, service and blizzards....

But it is starting to take off!

Congrats again!
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

OperationDinnerOut

#6 Post by OperationDinnerOut »

Thanks, Rob, for all you've done for us. This site's an invaluable resource in so many rugged ways!
- Andy -
Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 Mk2 - Fully-rugged, Win7
HP EliteBook 2530p - 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, Win7
Panasonic Toughbook CF-28 Mk3 - Rubber backlit keyboard, WinXP/Debian

Silver Trooper

#7 Post by Silver Trooper »

Rob,

It is somewhat ironic in that I recently sent a letter and a couple of homemade CD's (yes, some people still play them!) to my wife, my sister and my best friend of over 30 years. In it, to make it short, I poured out my feelings on life and the fact that for many years I felt as if much of my life had gone by and I had nothing tangible to show. I finally realized that you don't have to win the Nobel or a gold medal at the Olympics, or even find a cure for some disease to make a contribution in your life that will last or be remembered. I now know that in some small way, I have been there for my friends and family when they needed someone and provided what truly mattered.....love and friendship. Being a part of this forum has, to me at least, been another one of those accomplishments. While we may not save the world here, we are not just a bunch of people that have come together to solve each others problems, or to share a new mod. We come here because we care, about each other and about each others' lives. That is what life is all about and it has been a privilege and an honor to have shared bits of my life with you and all the others that are members. Best wishes to you and I hope even more success will find you soon. I find out about my new contract this week (looks like it could mean a big cut in pay...), but I hope to send some funds your way soon. It won't be huge, but every bit counts.

Robert
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

#8 Post by toughasnails »

Thank's Rob for the kind words . This site has come a long way in just under a year thanks to you and Alex + many others. The way I look at it this is the #1 site.
Like you name by the way computertalkerz.Boy does that fit you :lauging: . It might be a small amount ($$.$$) but I will be back next month to do my part.
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/

tomcat57

#9 Post by tomcat57 »

I guess it's been a whole year and our main goals have not changed, but the site has changed and been improved and updated in that short time

Thinking back to the reason for starting the site which was to provide a private area away from the popular NBR for a select group to share information without sharing info with the online Ebay Sellers
We have not only been successful ,we have far exceeded the original expectations ,and we have made some new friends along the way

Those that are part of that group know what I am talking about, as Rob's server upgrades ,both software related to allow larger file sizes and the server update to allow more space have been invaluable to us

Think about what I have said when Rob asks for a small contribution as we have personally benefited from Rob's upgrades as they were done for us

I won't name names but

Thanks to all the have contributed by posting here , and by doing so have increased our knowledge of troubleshooting Toughbook products and modifications for the most reliable laptops on the planet

Alex

ToughNut

#10 Post by ToughNut »

Rob wrote:Now, of coarse I'm not expecting anyone to donate. However, if you feel that it is in your heart to do so then go ahead....
Rob, I think not everyone here knows where to zap the monies to. Paypal? Details, please.
Ron

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”