"Federal Only" Toughbooks

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
SHEEPMAN!

Re: "Federal Only" Toughbooks

#11 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Driller wrote:got a cf29-FTTGZKM and put a wifi in it as well, touchscreen works well and was in pretty good shape, bought it as a parts unit, but was in such good shape spruced it up as is. smart card, you probably know just a security thing I believe would only allow user to log in and use computer. what good is it? shame we can't figure some way to use it for something "modern" maybe like a credit card reader or something else that can be plugged in with a carrier card and a chip. or another way to "jack" into it with some sort of accessory, thinking out loud, Merry Christmas Jeff, hope you're holding out well off the grid. sure would like to check out some of your adaptations as I feel we may all be headed there soon enuff.............Driller
You wouldn't be all that impressed. It's pretty simple and simple is the key word. (the solar stuff). I'm going to do a little more reading and then dump the smart card reader. The cable is already where it needs to be for GPS. Been shopping for a breakout board.

Happy Holidays

Jeff
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

rusty503

#12 Post by rusty503 »

Gork! wrote:
Driller wrote:got a cf29-FTTGZKM and put a wifi in it as well, touchscreen works well and was in pretty good shape, bought it as a parts unit, but was in such good shape spruced it up as is. smart card, you probably know just a security thing I believe would only allow user to log in and use computer. what good is it? shame we can't figure some way to use it for something "modern" maybe like a credit card reader or something else that can be plugged in with a carrier card and a chip. or another way to "jack" into it with some sort of accessory, thinking out loud, Merry Christmas Jeff, hope you're holding out well off the grid. sure would like to check out some of your adaptations as I feel we may all be headed there soon enuff.............Driller
You wouldn't be all that impressed. It's pretty simple and simple is the key word. (the solar stuff). I'm going to do a little more reading and then dump the smart card reader. The cable is already where it needs to be for GPS. Been shopping for a breakout board.

Happy Holidays

Jeff
Dump that smart card reader my way.
CF-30KTPJQAM Mk3 1.6 GHz, 4GB, 500GB HDD 7200 RPM, 13.3 TS, Fingerprint, Gobi, Bluetooth, Intel A/B/G/N, DVD-RW, Win 7 x64.

12 CF-29's MK5, One CF-18 MK5, One CF-19 MK1, 4 CF-51's MK3, 7 CF-51 MK2, one CF-74 MK3, One CF-30 Mk 3 and one CF-52 MK2. Wait, is that all I have? MUST HAVE MORE!

SHEEPMAN!

#13 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

rusty503 wrote:
Gork! wrote:

Happy Holidays

Jeff
Dump that smart card reader my way.
Hey rusty,
Fair for you/fair for me. Is?$.
It's yours. Do you need the cable?
Send your address to my website info@bluerockranchca.com
Got any ddr ram to trade? CF-29 Mark 2 and 3. 512 o.k.

Jeff
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”