Robs rant and rave thread against anything that isn't a TB

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

Re: Robs rant and rave thread against anything that isn't a

#11 Post by toughasnails »

kode-niner wrote:I'm usually "the computer guy" in a room full of people. ... there is always someone in this room that will come up to me and unload his or her personal computer problems on me
I do know what you mean...at my work we have about 250 workers and someone always has a problem so they look up there best friend :liar: . Well I just got tired of all the bull crap and just tell them I only work on Panasonic Toughbooks now...that took care of about 95% of my best friends :D .
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

safn1949

#12 Post by safn1949 »

I get the same thing....sort of,they ask me to fix their stuff and I never see it. Guy wanted a cheap laptop..cheap! So I had a c2d 1.66 dell in perfect shape for $80 with Windows 7 and the ac adapter. All he did was surf the web,took it home but wifey said it had to be at least a c2d 3.0. For the same price. A year ago when they were high dollar. His opinion was it wasn't new and nice enough.$80.

Retards. :D
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

SHEEPMAN!

#13 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

kode-niner wrote:I'm often "the computer guy" in a room full of people. When I have a job to do, there is always someone in this room that will come up to me and unload his or her personal computer problems on me even though I am on the clock and we are in a corp, gov or mil setting. I get it. You need people like me at work and at home. Except this isn't home. I don't care about your gaming PC, your kid's infected laptop or your inability to browse your favourite cookie recipe sites. I know a few people in I.T. that identify with what I'm typing now, but are mostly socially inept and do their best to brush off people who approach them. Well, I'm not in I.T. and I'm not a douchebag so I put on a smile and listen, try to offer a few nuggets of technical wisdom all the while trying to get actual work done. :D

QUITE OFTEN there will be a conversation that starts with "What laptop should I buy?". Since I always have a Toughbook at arms length during this point of the conversation, I cheekily say:
-"Just get one of these"
-"What, this thing? I don't need a military computer. That's overkill!"
My usual response now is:
-"EVERYTHING IS OVERKILL, until it breaks. Then it's just a badly designed heap of scrap that breaks easily."
Very good post. Ask me a question then argue.....or try to talk me down on my price....both are conversation killers.

As if I go to parties...check the signature ...I mean what I say and I say what I mean.

Anyhoo, good one. :salute:
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Shawn

#14 Post by Shawn »

The real questions they are asking are
"Will you sell me the cheapest notebook possible?"
Since it's a hobby, Will I work for free?.
I sold it to them, why won't I repair it for free for five years?
"Can they pay me the 2nd Tuesday of next week?"
What!..I expect them to pay when they already destroyed it?
Will I spend 40 hours cleaning the virus/spam/malware to save the never backed up photos? ..They're willing to pay $50.00..
Life will beat you into submission.

kode-niner

#15 Post by kode-niner »

LOL at least you guys sell computers. I don't, yet I always get asked as if I were some sort of traveling laptop salesman. Just this weekend I went to a party out in the country and when someone let slip what I do for a living, this drunk girl starts pestering me about wanting me to get her a cheap desktop computer system even though there was no mention of me selling anything or being in retail sales of any kind. I exercised a lot of drunken patience that night.

You know, maybe I should start selling hardware.

Eeeh maybe not.
Daily drives a CF-31

ADOR

#16 Post by ADOR »

It depends, how attached and how hot the drunk girl was?
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Shawn

#17 Post by Shawn »

Sadly, If I was drunk, she was always hot enough.......Guess that's why I'm sober now......
Life will beat you into submission.

kode-niner

#18 Post by kode-niner »

ADOR wrote:It depends, how attached and how hot the drunk girl was?
Negative, Ghostrider. The pattern is full.
Daily drives a CF-31

vladius852

#19 Post by vladius852 »

I am new to toughbooks I would say. I bought my first ohhh bout year ago, a CF18F , LOVE IT. Now the drivers and such ugh. But a Toughbook is exactly what it claims..TOUGH! I am awaiting a CF29N and two CF-74G's arrival.. OMG im drooling. So with this in mind I joined a local TB.. YOU GUYS!. Thank you for having me btw. so as I go thru the TB's when they arrive Ill post an update. I already will be ordering the OEM recovery disks for them. But , I am wanting the CF-74 and CF-29 to be maxed out , so Ill be sucking all the knowledge possible and such from you folks. I use Paypal and such so Ill be browsing the forums and such. for items for sale or looking for assistance towards correct place to aquire the correct and LEGAL part(s), software etc. thank you for the intro. I put it here for the exposure cause I saw the bossman rant and HAD to read it.

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

#20 Post by toughasnails »

Welcome to Toughbook Talk

As you can tell we are a little nuts but we do know our Toughbooks.... :cheers:
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”