Downloadable Maps for GPS

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Mark F

Downloadable Maps for GPS

#1 Post by Mark F »

Maybe someone will see this.....

I have a CF-19 MK7 with GPS. I have retired it from my work computer and I want to use it for a work back-up and my project pc, running off line maps for GPS navigation, I have an oscilloscope I can run on it as well. I also am learning SDR (software defined radio) Need to setup a solar power supply to finish it up.

I downloaded Maps on Windoz 10 and there was a message saying that off-line maps would go away fall of '23, that's past so I expect it will be inoperative soon. Is there a "free" mapping software out there I could use? One that is compatible with the GPS on the PC. I want off line so I don't have to use a cell plan on the PC. I could hot spot on my phone but prefer not to.

Hoping someone here has experience with this.

ADOR

Re: Downloadable Maps for GPS

#2 Post by ADOR »

Any GPS program should work. IF you want to use more than one at once you will need software for that as the access point of GPS data can only give that data to one program at a time. Gpsgate I think is the name of one software that does that. It takes the main feed of the GPS data and say you have 4 programs that need it they can get it from that program.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”