CF-29 SATA CADDY

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Azrial

Re: CF-29 SATA CADDY

#11 Post by Azrial »

liamw652 wrote:I posted this Mod on NBR. I'll Copy the mod here.
.... If Azrial has jumped his Mk4 to 320 gig, what is the possibilties for the Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3's, as I've tested the MK3 at 160 gig. [/b]
Yes, Sir, but presently my 320GB drive is a Western Digital Scorpio PATA.

I am considering going to a 500 or larger SATA drive using the mod that you have posted. I just wanted to be clear on what I am using! :D
I am what I am, somebody has to be.
Call me for free from anywhere in the USA from my homepage! http://www.azrial.com/
CF-31JEGAX1M Mk2 Intel i5-2520M 2.50 GHz, Win7x64 & Ubuntu x64 14.04LTS Dual Boot, 16GB RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD, 2x64GB USB FD, 64GB SDHC, GOBI 4000, BUGPS, IBM AC/DC Supply #22P9003

liamw652

#12 Post by liamw652 »

Azrial wrote:I am considering going to a 500 or larger SATA drive using the mod that you have posted. I just wanted to be clear on what I am using! :D
At this time, I don't have a drive larger than 160 to continue testing with. I understood you. My point was, if You have a 320 PATA running on a MK4, what will the expansion possibilities end at.
I have not seen posted, what are the HD limits for a MK3 model, MK4 model etc. Is it 250, 320.
Who has the money to grab one of each size to test what the Final Benchmark will be.
A small side note though, if the WD 1TB is a touch taller than a normal 2.5 drive, then carefully squeeezing might be accomplished in our drive caddies. What will the final benchmark be.

Thanks
Last edited by liamw652 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
PLEASE READS and TOUGHBOOK FAQs AND STICKY'S

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthr ... rce+thread

Bill

CF-29 J/MK3 (Fed) w/ Touch, Internal Wifi, and 160gb SATA HD upgraded to 640gb SATA HD (still running strong with mod)
CF-29 M Touch
CF-30 Mk1 Touch
CF-19 Mk3 Touch

liamw652

#13 Post by liamw652 »

Azrial wrote:
I am considering going to a 500 or larger SATA drive using the mod that you have posted. I just wanted to be clear on what I am using! :D
Azrial,

Have a 500 and a 640 coming to me to experiment and play with.
More to follow.

Bill

CF-29 J/MK3 (Fed) w/ Touch, Internal Wifi, and 160gb SATA HD upgraded to 640gb SATA HD (still running strong with mod)
CF-29 M Touch
CF-30 Mk1 Touch
CF-19 Mk3 Touch

teo

#14 Post by teo »

You guys no problem on the supply like those adapter. Can somebody post where did you bought it. Not on ebay. I will try to experiment without cutting those aluminum bracket. It can be done.

teo

liamw652

#15 Post by liamw652 »

Teo

I'm putting the link to the supplier up for you

http://www.cooldrives.com/2sahadrtoide.html

Like I said in the original post, I have seen them on Ebay listed between 44 and 55 dollars.
The link shipped to NY for 28 and change.

The simple reason the bracket was removed was to allow room for the Sata adapter and Ribbon Cable to fit in the caddy without crimping or damaging either.

Just taking a second Caddy apart, the removal of the Aluminum Bracket may not be necessary.

Bill

CF-29 M Touch
CF-30 Mk1 Touch
CF-19 Mk3 Touch

teo

#16 Post by teo »

dam..t, They only ship to USA. Hey! If somebody is planning on purhasing this adapter from USA. Just let me know. I can paypal at anytime.

Thanks

teo

ToughNut

#17 Post by ToughNut »

teo wrote:dam..t, They only ship to USA. Hey! If somebody is planning on purhasing this adapter from USA. Just let me know. I can paypal at anytime
Heh... why did you think I asked for help to re-ship 2 sets? Anybody out there who can do us non-USA folks a huge favor? We'd really appreciate it, having more toys to stuff into our TBs. Ditto for paypal as well.

Ron in SG ~~ my 29 parading down the catwalk with rings!! Thanks Teo!!

liamw652

#18 Post by liamw652 »

teo wrote:I will try to experiment without cutting those aluminum bracket. It can be done.

teo
Forget removing the bracket, I took my drive caddy apart again and examined everything real close. I wound up putting the bracket back in so the only thing that wound up removed, were the two foam blocks.

Teo & Ron, let me look around, I may be able to help you. Teo, would it be better to send everything to You and then forward it to Ron. Duties, Taxes etc. I'm trying to find the cheapest way for both of you.

I've started the process, I have several on the way to me. Let me know how many. Ron said two.

Bill

CF-29 M Touch
CF-30 Mk1 Touch
CF-19 Mk3 Touch

teo

#19 Post by teo »

liamw652 wrote:
teo wrote:I will try to experiment without cutting those aluminum bracket. It can be done.

teo
Forget removing the bracket, I took my drive caddy apart again and examined everything real close. I wound up putting the bracket back in so the only thing that wound up removed, were the two foam blocks.

Teo & Ron, let me look around, I may be able to help you. Teo, would it be better to send everything to You and then forward it to Ron. Duties, Taxes etc. I'm trying to find the cheapest way for both of you.

I've started the process, I have several on the way to me. Let me know how many. Ron said two.

liam.. you are our angel! :angel: Lol. Sure, man! you can send it to me the whole thing and I will take care of sending it to Ron. No problem. I also need two one for my cf-18 and one for cf-29. Thanks, man! :salute:

teo

liamw652

#20 Post by liamw652 »

[quote="teo]

liam.. you are our angel! :angel: Lol. Sure, man! you can send it to me the whole thing and I will take care of sending it to Ron. No problem. I also need two one for my cf-18 and one for cf-29. Thanks, man! :salute:

teo[/quote]

I thought that would be the number You needed. It will take about a week for me to get them. I'll let you know when they get here.

Bill

CF-29 M Touch
CF-30 Mk1 Touch
CF-19 Mk3 Touch

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”