Bad Exsperence with Saitech Inc.

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Azrial

Bad Exsperence with Saitech Inc.

#1 Post by Azrial »

I ordered a Blu-Ray DVD Player/Burner from Saitech Inc. about 8-10 days ago. It was not the cheapest price, but they are state-side, so ordered from them to get it quickly. I used PayPal to pay. At the conclusion of my on-line order the site gave me some nonsense about because my shipping and billing addresses were different that my order would be delayed. This made no sense as PayPal has verified my account for many years.

But, I was ordered so, I waited. I saw were they debited my PayPal Account and then it said "Pending." But I had yet to receive any kind of invoice or email. After a while, that pending order disappeared, as if I had never made it.

So, I went to the website to try and check on the status of my order but none of my log-in information would work.

So after all this waiting for some confirmation that we were doing business I called their "Order Department." There I dealt with the most obtuse woman, who's idea of helping me was to ask for my Order Number about 10 times in a row, literally. She said that without this information, which they never sent me, that there was no way to help me!

I called back in an attempt to get someone else, but no luck. I get about 4 more demands for my order number and I tell her that asking me over and over for the same thing is not going to help! She says that with no information that there is no way to help me. I tell her that I have plenty of information, just not the order number. She then asked my eMail address, looked up the order and told me that it had been cancelled because the shipping and billing addresses were different. So, she could help me all along with just my eMail address, she just chose not to.

There is nothing wrong with my PayPal account I have had it many years and used it right before and after this transaction. Both of those transactions went through fine!

My advise is NOT to do business with this company. They have no idea what they are doing and have some of the rudest "Customer Service" on the planet!

Saitech Inc.
42640 Christy Street
Fremont, California 94538 USA

Toll Free: (877) 440-0256
I am what I am, somebody has to be.
Call me for free from anywhere in the USA from my homepage! http://www.azrial.com/
CF-31JEGAX1M Mk2 Intel i5-2520M 2.50 GHz, Win7x64 & Ubuntu x64 14.04LTS Dual Boot, 16GB RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD, 2x64GB USB FD, 64GB SDHC, GOBI 4000, BUGPS, IBM AC/DC Supply #22P9003

Shawn

Re: Bad Exsperence with Saitech Inc.

#2 Post by Shawn »

They can't be the rudest customer service on the planet. I am positive that distinction goes to me. I work very hard to be "A" number one...

Sorry about your problem Bill.
I will look when I get home. I may have one in a CF52 caddy.

Anymore it's almost better to go through ebay for stuff. At least through ebay we can file a dispute and work things out. Lately regular storefronts seem to care less and less. Also it's tough to tell a storefronts true selling history. At least on ebay we have some feedback to look at. Plus ebay will puke the sale right away if they have an issue. Then they actually notify the buyer.
Life will beat you into submission.

Bill_TN

#3 Post by Bill_TN »

HUH? What???? In a caddy??????
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

Yup I have one I can spare. I'll pull it out of the CF52 caddy.

Pm me about it.

The bare optical drive fits into a caddy on the Toughbooks.
Life will beat you into submission.

Azrial

#5 Post by Azrial »

Let me know if you have a spare Blu-Ray drive you want to unload, I don't need the CF-52 caddy... LoL, just some screws for my shiny new door!

Thanks!
I am what I am, somebody has to be.
Call me for free from anywhere in the USA from my homepage! http://www.azrial.com/
CF-31JEGAX1M Mk2 Intel i5-2520M 2.50 GHz, Win7x64 & Ubuntu x64 14.04LTS Dual Boot, 16GB RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD, 2x64GB USB FD, 64GB SDHC, GOBI 4000, BUGPS, IBM AC/DC Supply #22P9003

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”