New Toughbook Owner.

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
HobiesBestFriend

New Toughbook Owner.

#1 Post by HobiesBestFriend »

Hi all, was a lurking guest prior to this as I've wanted a Toughbook for a while now. Well, it finally arrived, a slightly used CF-18 appeared at my door yesterday. So, It came with a recovery disc with files for all the MK's., and I've already gotten all the owners and service manuals etc... Not to mention any and all other Toughbook literature I could get my hands on. The model number other than CF-18 seems to be missing, so not sure what I am looking for as far as determining what model number/MK I have. So now I begin the process of upgrading or modding my new baby. I already have a few questions for people but still need to hit the forums a bit more to see what has been answered and what hasn't etc.. now that it's in front of me to help understand what I'm reading. For now off to work, just wanted to introduce myself.

Silver Trooper

Re: New Toughbook Owner.

#2 Post by Silver Trooper »

Hit F2 during the boot process (when the prompt appears on the screen) and go into the BIOS, your model number (and other good info) will be showing.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

tomcat57

#3 Post by tomcat57 »

The bios version gives you a hint on the mk#
If is states V1 its a MK1 V2 its a mk2 and so on

Alex

Silver Trooper

#4 Post by Silver Trooper »

Now that you have one Toughbook, it won't be long before you will want more (yes, it is a sickness that we all here enjoy), so keep the following link in your favorites as it will help to identify in the future...

http://www.config.toughbook.com/

Welcome to our world! :clapping: :cheers:
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#5 Post by Rob »

I might also add that the public_downloads area from this site will help you out as well

public_downloads :clapping:
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

truckie

#6 Post by truckie »

I am also a new Toughbook Cf-18 owner ... (make that x2 CF-18's as of a few minutes ago). I love the versatility and ingenuity of the design. I can see how this could become a fairly expensive habit in a short period of time, I'm already planning for a GPS Mod :) Thanks for everything I've been able to learn from the forum so far.

ToughNut

#7 Post by ToughNut »

truckie wrote:... make that x2 CF-18's as of a few minutes ago
One thing's for sure... you won't be stopping at two. Welcome to the funny farm, where like yourself, many are smitten by the industrial design and ruggedness. Glad you checked in & don't forget your meds!! :boing:
Ron in SG

truckie

#8 Post by truckie »

I think I may have to up the dose :)

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”