Rubber backlit keyboard

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
kode-niner

Re: Rubber backlit keyboard

#11 Post by kode-niner »

Here's how steamy it got when we closed the doors to keep the heat in:
Attachments
IMG00221b.jpg
IMG00221b.jpg (36.56 KiB) Viewed 8693 times
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#12 Post by mklym »

Looks like a steam bath! Did you bring a towel? :D

Once you install the rubber kb conditions like that will be no problem.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

kode-niner

#13 Post by kode-niner »

The steam does wonders for my complexion. :D
Not so good for the emissive keyboard. :(
Daily drives a CF-31

kode-niner

#14 Post by kode-niner »

On the CF-30's emissive keyboard, I typed 112 words per minute according to this site:
http://typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/?lang=en

Stay tuned for when I install the rubber keyboard this weekend for a hilarious drop in typing performance.
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#15 Post by mklym »

'This weekend'.....can't seem to find it on the calender. Lol :D

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

kode-niner

#16 Post by kode-niner »

I've been slackin' :D
I'll get it done eventually.
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#17 Post by mklym »

No rush, I was just pimpin' ya. :D

The rubber kb will naturally be slower than an emissive, but I think you will be surprised how well it works, all things considered.

kode-niner

#18 Post by kode-niner »

Well I won't be breaking any speed records now. I busted up my arm somethin' fierce after falling of a horse last weekend. I must have snagged my fingers on the reins as I fell because my two middle fingers on my left hand have been swollen up ever since. I can't clench my fist or do much else with that hand right now.
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#19 Post by mklym »

When riding a horse, you will have much more enjoyment from the experience if you maintain a vertical position on the horse's back. HTH in the future. :D

Seriously, I am sorry to hear you busted your arm. Wearing a cast on your arm in the summer sucks.

kode-niner

#20 Post by kode-niner »

Hehehe, well tell that to the horse. Actually it's not that bad and I got away with 14 stitches and an elbow brace. My fingers are slowly becoming usable but I still can't clench to grab things without hurting. I actually tried typing this with all ten fingers, wincing all the way.
Daily drives a CF-31

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”