What every well equipped vehicle should have in the trunk!

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Silver Trooper

What every well equipped vehicle should have in the trunk!

#1 Post by Silver Trooper »

Just a few dollars for this set-up! I wish my Crown Vic (or the Trailblazer for that matter) were as well equipped.
Attachments
GR-loaded-trnk-try-in.gif
GR-loaded-trnk-try-in.gif (121.11 KiB) Viewed 9387 times
GR-ld-trnk-try-plld-out.gif
GR-ld-trnk-try-plld-out.gif (130.08 KiB) Viewed 9389 times
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

Re: What every well equipped vehicle should have in the trunk!

#2 Post by Rob »

SOOO BADASS! I just throw my Toughbook in to the truck of my SRT when going on long trips, otherwise it stays right next to me on the seat or on the floor...
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

redwoman

#3 Post by redwoman »

Do you have the PDRC mounted int the front? The new one is coming soon but i can't get the specs out of Panasonic until we update our NDA. And when i do that i will know what coming but I won't be able to tell any one. 8)
"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.” ~Frank Sinatra~

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#4 Post by Rob »

redwoman wrote:Do you have the PDRC mounted int the front? The new one is coming soon but i can't get the specs out of Panasonic until we update our NDA. And when i do that i will know what coming but I won't be able to tell any one. 8)
Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get the info before you anyways ;) ... Not being mean, but trust me (and the other 30 guys on here that have their usernames in BLACK) that we know this stuff.

Welcome to the forums man!!!! :headbang:
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

redwoman

#5 Post by redwoman »

So u have specs for the 31 and the new silver H1 already then like I do? ;)
"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.” ~Frank Sinatra~

tomcat57

#6 Post by tomcat57 »

redwoman wrote:So u have specs for the 31 and the new silver H1 already then like I do? ;)

I don't beleve you :bs:

Convince me that you have that info, by listing screen size and resolution ,nits ,and backlite type on the cf-31

Alex

redwoman

#7 Post by redwoman »

Had Prelim specs on the 31 last month, but can't find them right now. Here are some specific prelim model numbers right now. If i remember correctly i think they're going to 1000 nit on the non touch with the 31. Before it was touch at 1000nit and non touch at 500.

CF-31A3AAX2M * Win 7 Downgrade to XP * Intel Dual Core 2.4GHzV Pro, 13.1" Non Touch XGA, 2GB, 160GB, Intel WiFi a/b/g/n, WinXP, TPM, Bluetooth, No Drive, Toughbook Preferred

CF-31ACBGA2M * Win 7 Downgrade to XP * Intel Dual Core 2.4GHzV Pro, 13.1" Touch XGA, 4GB(2+2), 160GB, Intel WiFi a/b/g/n, WinXP, TPM, Bluetooth, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint, GPS, Dual Pass (Upper WWAN/Lower WLAN), Gobi, No Drive, Toughbook Preferred

CF-31ACBGA3M * Win 7 Downgrade to XP * Intel Dual Core 2.4GHzV Pro, 13.1" Touch XGA, 4GB(2+2), 160GB, Intel WiFi a/b/g/n, WinXP, TPM, Bluetooth, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint, GPS, Dual Pass (Upper WWAN/Lower WLAN), Gobi, No Drive, Toughbook Premier-3Y

CF-31ATAAX2M * Win 7 Downgrade to XP * Intel Dual Core 2.4GHzV Pro, 13.1" Touch XGA, 2GB, 160GB, Intel WiFi a/b/g/n, WinXP, TPM, Bluetooth, No Drive, Toughbook Preferred

CF-31ATNAX2M * Win 7 Downgrade to XP * Intel Dual Core 2.53GHzV Pro, 13.1" Touch XGA, 2GB, 160GB, Intel WiFi a/b/g/n, WinXP, TPM, Bluetooth, AMD(ATI) Graphics, No Drive, Toughbook Preferred

CF-31YCZC01 * Win 7 Downgrade to XP * Intel Dual Core 2.4GHz, V Pro, 13.1" Touch XGA, 4GB(2+2), 160GB, Intel WiFi a/b/g/n, WinXP, TPM, Bluetooth, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint, GPS, Dual Pass (Upper WWAN/Lower WLAN), Gobi, No Drive, Toughbook Premier-3Y

Here's what i have on the silver H1 to be known as the "Field Pro" model H1. It is in SWRI testing now and will have its offical Mil Specs and IP ratings soon. And there's a picture attached.

Intel® Atom Processor Z540 1.86GHz - 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 Cache

64GB Solid State Drive (SSD)

2GB Memory1

Large, bright 10.4” XGA sunlight-viewable Dual-touch LCD - 1024 x 768 resolution (500 NIT with Circular Polarization)
- Supports gloved finger touch and digitizer pen
- Anti-gljiare, anti-reflective screen treatments - Circular Polarizer - Protective screen film

Extremely rugged
- Magnesium alloy chassis encased with polycarbonate
- Sealed all-weather design
- Ergonomic carrying handle
- Ergonomic hand strap

Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n)

Bluetooth® v2.1 + EDR

Pop-up on screen keyboard

Interfaces:
o
Expansion bus connector

6 hour battery life with quick change batteries - Twin hot swappable Li-Ion batteries

Ultra lightweight 3.3 lbs. (with both batteries & strap)2

10.4”(L) x 10.6”(W) x 1.3-2.3”(H)

3-year limited warranty, parts and labor

XP Professional SP2 (with Windows 7 COA) or Windows® 7 Professional

Models
H1 Field Base
H1 Field Pro
o
2MP camera with dual LED light
o
2D barcode reader (1D and 2D capable)

H1 Field Elite
o
2MP camera with dual LED light
o
2D barcode reader (1D and 2D capable)
o
RFID & Contactless SmartCard reader
o
Insertable SmartCard reader
o
Fingerprint reader

Integrated options3
o
GobiTM 2000 (EV-DO, HSPA)
o
GPS receiver

Accessories3
o
AC Adapter
o
4-bay Battery Charger
o
Li-Ion Battery Pack
o
Replacement Stylus
o
10.4” LCD Protector Film
o
External USB Combo Drive
o
Desktop Cradle / 2-Bay Spare Battery Charger
o
Gamber-Johnson Vehicle Dock
o
InfoCase Carrying Straps, Sleeves and Pouches
Attachments
Field H1.gif
Field H1.gif (14.82 KiB) Viewed 9287 times

tomcat57

#8 Post by tomcat57 »

Interesting ,

Looks like the same 1024 x 768 resolution as the cf-30 ,with slightly smaller screen 13.1" in comparison to the cf-30's 13.3'

Sneek us a picture of the cf-31 if you find one laying around

I will have to have one to replace my old dated cf-30 mk-2

Alex

redwoman

#9 Post by redwoman »

tomcat57 wrote:Interesting ,

Looks like the same 1024 x 768 resolution as the cf-30 ,with slightly smaller screen 13.1" in comparison to the cf-30's 13.3'

Sneek us a picture of the cf-31 if you find one laying around

I will have to have one to replace my old dated cf-30 mk-2

Alex
good catch... i didnt even notice the 13.1 inch screen. Why on earth would they make it a different screen from the touch 52 or the 74s (which are on thier way out by the way)... it wouldn't surprise me if that was a typo by Panasonic either though. it typically takes them a couple revisions before the info they send out is correct.

Don't hold your breath for a picture though, i've already asked and they said they weren't releasing that until the official announcement in April.

tomcat57

#10 Post by tomcat57 »

redwoman wrote: Why on earth would they make it a different screen from the touch 52 or the 74s (which are on thier way out by the way)... it wouldn't surprise me if that was a typo by Panasonic either though. it typically takes them a couple revisions before the info they send out is correct.
Yes It would make sence to stay the same as the cf28/29/30

One improvement would be to use led's for the backlite rather than the ccf tubes that are in use today
The only thing that I don't like too much on my cf-30's in compairison to the cf-29's is that the lid is thicker to allow for the backlites
Even the base thickness could be slimmed down slightly on the new model

I was really wondering / hoping for a slighly larger screen ,14.1" would be nice plus one step up in resolution

As you say the specs are not final, I can always hope :o

Alex

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”