Changing o/s from XP to Windows 7, 8 or 8.1

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
zedulon

Re: Changing o/s from XP to Windows 7, 8 or 8.1

#11 Post by zedulon »

I would like to upgrade a CF-H1 (Med) to Win 7. CF-H1BDJBZ6M In great condition. Never out in the rain, yadda, yadda, yadda.

1. Is this do-able? It has XP and an upgrade to Vista Business (Vista COA)
2. Where is the SD Card Reader?
2. OT, does anyone have an SSD, any RAM any batteries for sale for this little hot-rod?

:salute:
God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
--

safn1949

#12 Post by safn1949 »

I have 1 battery,do you have a dock for it? and a USB dvd setup? If so the recovery disc for Vista is the way to go,then upgrade to Windows 7. Otherwise it's kinda a pain to do it manually. I don't think you can add ram to it,I believe it is soldered to the board.

Truthfully,it will run better on XP,they are a real dog with the atom cpu. I've had a bunch of them.If and when the H2 prices drop,grab one. Man what a difference in the screen and performance.
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

ADOR

#13 Post by ADOR »

I have two that are factory windows 7 on them. So there will be factory drivers to download.

Can't upgrade the ram on them. It uses the same batteries as the U1. You will need a dock for expansion or to load the OS.

I see yours left the factory with 80GB HDD, 2gb of ram(max ram), scanner, vista coa with XP installed and dual touch (digitizer and touch)
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

zedulon

#14 Post by zedulon »

safn1949 wrote:I have 1 battery,do you have a dock for it? and a USB dvd setup? If so the recovery disc for Vista is the way to go,then upgrade to Windows 7. Otherwise it's kinda a pain to do it manually. I don't think you can add ram to it,I believe it is soldered to the board.

Truthfully,it will run better on XP,they are a real dog with the atom cpu. I've had a bunch of them.If and when the H2 prices drop,grab one. Man what a difference in the screen and performance.
Thank you. Yes, I do like it, but...

Yes it came with a dock, and I have a USB DVD Disk drive. I will leave it bone stock for now, and won't upgrade it unless it goes really drastically awry.

I saw your ads on eBay, so I will look for the battery, if it is up for sale.

Any idea where the SD cards go? Or are USB the only way? Thanks
George :salute:
God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
--

zedulon

#15 Post by zedulon »

ADOR wrote:I have two that are factory windows 7 on them. So there will be factory drivers to download.

Can't upgrade the ram on them. It uses the same batteries as the U1. You will need a dock for expansion or to load the OS.

I see yours left the factory with 80GB HDD, 2gb of ram(max ram), scanner, vista coa with XP installed and dual touch (digitizer and touch)
Thanks for your response, too. Those are the specs I got too. Any idea what the original MSRP was?

Thank you, George :salute:
--

safn1949

#16 Post by safn1949 »

$1869 was msrp on it. The battery I have is one I found kicking around here recently,I think its good as I usually mark the stinkers for recycle.
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

zedulon

#17 Post by zedulon »

safn1949 wrote:$1869 was msrp on it. The battery I have is one I found kicking around here recently,I think its good as I usually mark the stinkers for recycle.
Well that little battery will be mine in a few days, thank you.

As to that MSRP, most Medical or Healthcare equipment (Especially IT) comes with a hefty pricetag. Not particularly well taken care of either.
(Remembers the whopping 10 Meg floppy drives, and the 8" CPM floppy drives.)

See ya

George :salute:
--

safn1949

#18 Post by safn1949 »

Ok then,I see where you grabbed it. When it gets to you charge it up and if it doesn't take a decent charge let me know first thing and I'll make it right.It should but I don't have anything to charge it with right now.

zedulon

#19 Post by zedulon »

safn1949 wrote:Ok then,I see where you grabbed it. When it gets to you charge it up and if it doesn't take a decent charge let me know first thing and I'll make it right.It should but I don't have anything to charge it with right now.
ok will do.
--

zedulon

#20 Post by zedulon »

ADOR wrote:I have two that are factory windows 7 on them. So there will be factory drivers to download.
Pls PM me, with a price plus shipping for both (redundant backup redundancy)
Are they SSDs? Will the COAs be included?

Thank you, George :salute:
--

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”