Combining a headset, your phone and your Toughbook!

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
WittgensteinSergeant

Combining a headset, your phone and your Toughbook!

#1 Post by WittgensteinSergeant »

Stole this of XdaDevelopers:
(NOTE: I didn't realize that the BH-214 could connect to multiple devices as well! I don't know how I decided to try, but it works essentially the same was as the BH-221. Press & hold the phone to connect to a phone device, Play/Pause for a media device. You don't get a screen to show the search, but it worked. I can connect to both my EVO & Nexus at the same time with no music apps running on my Nexus, but music playing on my EVO that I can hit next/prev & the songs change and take a phone call on the Nexus. Thought that was neat!)
This means if you own a Nokia BH-214, like I do, you can have your Toughbook play music over BT and have your phone on standby for phone calls over BT, how cool's that eh?

Tactmedic

Re: Combining a headset, your phone and your Toughbook!

#2 Post by Tactmedic »

i is comfused!
CF-C2AKFZGLM My newest one :)
CF-30KQPATPM for sale! Ask me about more info!
CF-30KCPAQ2M for sale! Ask me about more info!

subcaptian

#3 Post by subcaptian »

Meh. I cut out the phone entirely. My CF-19 has WWAN that I run a VPN over to my home network. From there, my PBX server can route SIP calls through a local gateway. Lower wireless costs by not using talk & text, super flexible setup :headbang: And of course, a couple of Cisco wireless SIP handsets floating around my home that use the same server.

canuckcam

#4 Post by canuckcam »

I've been trying to get PBX in a Box running under ESXi to a few VoIP phones I picked up... the 7970 is the prettiest but for the life of me I can't get the damn thing to register.

Cisco 7970
Cisco 7960 (probably the most configurable/reliable SIP?)
Nortel 2002
Polycom 5001

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”