rubber baby buggy bumpers :P

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Shawn

Re: rubber baby buggy bumpers :P

#11 Post by Shawn »

Toughbook wrote:...

Originally I was thinking that some light colored truck bed coating on the outside of the lid might not be a bad idea. But even though light colored... It would still be a heat absorber of sorts.

Truck bed coating is more durable and thicker than Body Shutz....Does bed liner come in different colors?...
Maybe someday I will experiment with an extra lid I have...

I love the smell of paint in the morning....
Life will beat you into submission.

Toughbook

#12 Post by Toughbook »

You can get the stuff in pretty much any color you want these days. It may take a little looking around though.
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

ADOR

#13 Post by ADOR »

I remember getting into it with him over GPS. How he kept saying the usb shove in was so much better. I am sure in a emergency I would want something hanging out of the usb port to get snagged and broke.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

kode-niner

#14 Post by kode-niner »

Toughbook wrote:
WittgensteinSergeant wrote:Call me nuts or whatever, but I personally think those knobby protectors look pretty cool.
You are NUTS!
I'm sure that when WittgensteinSergeant says the knobbies look cool, that wasn't exactly what he had in mind. :lauging:
That is absolutely hideous.

This CF-30, however, doesn't look that bad at all.
CF-30 toughbooks.JPG
CF-30 toughbooks.JPG (45.5 KiB) Viewed 7897 times
Speaking of truckbed coating, I think I have less than half a can of Rust-oleum around here somewhere.
Daily drives a CF-31

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#15 Post by Rob »

Ohh my god... I'll get back to you guys when I'm in front of my computer and I can lost an email chain. This clown also opened up "ruggeddepot.net" it had midgets ("dwarfs" as he called them) using Toughbooks. He's an absolute lunatic...
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

Toughbook

#16 Post by Toughbook »

Yeah... If you go to his website and see his various ramblings... You can easily tell the guy has mental issues. He has SO MANY links and they all go into details that mean absolutely nothing. His blog hasn't been active since 2011 so maybe he sought medical help and received medication already... Who knows.
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”