confused

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
wyrm73

Re: confused

#21 Post by wyrm73 »

safn1949 wrote:I have sold at least 9 CF-52's to mechanics,I'm on one now and it has rolled out of my truck about 4ft to the concrete,no problem. Sold a hinge for one to a guy who tested armored hummers,they were offroad and the 52 flew across and smashed into the pillar with the lid open. Replace hinge and speaker cover and it's still running.

7 of them went to one diesel repair shop in 3 orders,he ain't killed one yet. Got 2 from Afghanistan,US Army engineer unit. They managed to punch holes 1" + in the magnesium lid on both of them.Still running.
I am an Army Engineer currently getting ready for another trip to the sandbox. I can honestly say from experience that a 1" hole is pretty surprising- it is usually much worse. Breaking stuff is what we do best.....usually with C4! :D

kardan

#22 Post by kardan »

WYRM73 -- thanks for your service!

Not much experience with 52s, but have some parts/components for a Cf-30. If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Be careful over there.

/s/ Retired Army
CF-31XFLAXLM -- CF-31SBLEC1M -- CF-31JBEGA1M
CF-30KCPAQ2B -- CF-30CCR02BM
CF-19CJBLXBM -- CF-29NTWGZBM
MEMBER: Notebook Review
http://www.thessdreview.com

Mxx20

#23 Post by Mxx20 »

well I appreciate everything, thanks rob for talking with me the other day. well heres what ive got my self into.. found a CF-C1 mk2 well below what everyones been asking for them...a deal I couldn't pass...well ive been running it for a day, wifes jelous of it but if this doesn't work im going to swap this hdd to hers(this came with 8gb ram and 160gb ssd) into her cf-52....back up plan lol...so far things been flawless and fast....just only glitch is the web cam on it doesn't work right(was turned off in bios...turned on and now it shows unknown device and wont recognize it..and yes ive updated and loaded the driver lol)

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”