PLEASE READ...Be on the look out

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

PLEASE READ...Be on the look out

#1 Post by toughasnails »

Everyone...We are seeing new spam coming up going to Google Docs links, if you see a post like this do not click on it, report the post so me or Rob can deal with it.
Cyber thieves are luring victims to give up personal information using legit-looking forms in Google Docs

Spammers have been exploiting cloudlike products for years to send spam -- think Hotmail or Gmail. But now they're taking greater advantage of cloud computing, employing techniques and traversing avenues we haven't seen before.Among the many cloud services being abused are Google's popular offerings, including Google Docs and Google+. Users and organizations alike need to be aware of these threats and prepare accordingly.
Phishers are using Google Docs to trick users in revealing confidential information. This attack method works as follows: Phishers create forms to collect and summarize data in Google Spreadsheets and Docs. These forms, which phishers design to look as though they come from a legitimate third-party domain, such as a bank, provide places for victims to enter personal identification and log-on information.
Using built-in form functionality, phishers send email message to a list of prospective targets. The message contains a simple URL linking to the form. One giveaway that you're looking at a potential phishing form and not a trusted site is a URL that takes you to a spreadsheet.google.com address, containing the command word "formkey" at the end, follow by an equal sign and the form's randomly generated identifier link. Often the forms are protected by HTTPS, so it's difficult for organizations to intercept or inspect them.
Many users are probably already aware of these new spamming and phishing attacks, but I bet many others aren't. Consider this your wake-up call that a new attack paradigm is out there, and vendor defenses either aren't in place yet or aren't very sophisticated. Right now, until our traditional antispam and antiphishing tools come up to date on these avenues of attack, we defenders are left with our own homegrown custom protection and end-user education.
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”