Decode Intel ssd serial for manufacture date

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Shawn

Decode Intel ssd serial for manufacture date

#1 Post by Shawn »

Any one know how to figure this out? I posted the same question at NBR in the SSD section...No answer yet.
I scored a used drive and I am curious about it's age...Intel says warranty is good until Jan,2016.

The 52 needed a size upgrade, The 52's drive will go into the 30, and the 30's drive will go into the 74......
The 74 has boot issues. I had put a 32gb Sandisk UATA in a OEM Dell 2.5 adapter in it. Sometimes it is a pain to boot.
The UATA 5000 SSD came from a Motion C5 where it worked great. The 74 doesn't seem to like it.

Shawn
Life will beat you into submission.

mklym

Re: Decode Intel ssd serial for manufacture date

#2 Post by mklym »

I found this one the Intel SSD forum:

Basic Information

What do the digits in each SSD product code designate?

The last two digits labeled "Ordering Information" refer to what comes in the box you've purchased and how many SSDs were shipped in the same box ie

C# drive shipped in a brown box

R# drive shipped in a retail box without a desktop cloning kit

K# drive shipped in a retail box with a desktop cloning kit

The “#” simply states how many SSDs were shipped out together

So it looks like you cannot find the manufacture date in the model number. That date should be on the label.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

SHEEPMAN!

#3 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Hey friend,
Looking at a Intel box...unopened... I haven't a clue. Serial Number is Alpha characters QUZJRHFOG date of manufacture 08 FEB 2013....lots of threes though...MM#922973...Batch# CNCV32830E...Version# G67589-403.

This is a 335/180.

Good luck.

J
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

The model decoder is interesting. I am pretty certain the date is hidden in the serial number on the drive label.

I could not see any correlation either. The date may be coded in letters.
Life will beat you into submission.

mklym

#5 Post by mklym »

I could not find any info on serial numbers, but found the model number breakdown interesting. Have to keep looking I guess.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”