CF29 Random BSOD

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
interestingfellow

Re: CF29 Random BSOD

#11 Post by interestingfellow »

I've looked at megasquirt in the past, and want to say it ends up being in the 600-850 range to replace the ECM on a GM tbi. This just sounds crazy to me. You only need a basic locic board, about 8 i/o's and a pwm for the two injectors. Theoretically, I can get all that crap together and hook up the sensors for less than $100. The real problem for me is programming; how to get the board to actually use the fuel map.

Really, I have wanted to do a VW dunebuggy for over a decade. But with the lack of viable donor bugs, and the overwhelming number of decent front end vehicles on the road, I"m toying with the idea of cutting the front end of a honda or something, and welding a tube chassis in front of it. Just a though I'm toying with. I would love to not have to rip out the wiring harness, deal with oem programming issues, and also would like to be able to easily interface the ECM to my laptop for monitoring/programming. Yes, it can all be done using off the shelf stuff, but that's too expensive and easy.... I'm near the beginning of my journey on this one, so my ideas are pretty raw and unrehearsed.

I"ll agree with you on the flux...My very first project is a welding cart from scrap I had lying around, just to practice. Then the exhaust on my G20. After that, I think I'll practice a bit more before getting some gas....

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”