FRAUD ALERT: Michael Watts Jones- mjonescraigslist@gmail.com

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

FRAUD ALERT: Michael Watts Jones- mjonescraigslist@gmail.com

#1 Post by Rob »

Just an update here!

Please stay away from this guy!

I got burned AGAIN from this character! He is all responsive and antsy to get your money, but once he gets your money, he never responds to his emails.

1) It was a hard place for me because the FIRST order he delivered on (August of 2011) (When I was still at Proton Computers)! He was responsive, and although it took 3 weeks, he did deliver!

2) The 2nd order thru Proton, he burned us!

3) The 1st order now from Rugged Depot, he burns us AGAIN! I should have known better, but I thought, ehh, it's worth the risk to chance that I might get a GREAT deal from him.

4) The first time, he canceled the initial order and sent it from his wifes account
5) The 2nd time, he canceled the order and sent it from his dads account.

A few tips to keep in mind!

1) A few tips to determine if it's him: He go's by 2 different names: Michael Watts and now Michael Jones. He has 2 emails, definitewin12@gmail.com is the new one and the old one is mjonescraigslist@gmail.com

2) He goes by MW4182 as his username on HERE and Toughbooktalk.com. I've already deleted him off my site, Blair, I suggest you do the same here!

3) The IP address that he registered from on TBT is: 166.249.193.28 It's a Verizon IP address from Doylestown, PA. I'm sure that that has changed by now, but I'm just posting EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING I have!

4) The phone number I have from him is (903)-503-2224. From my LAN phone it rings once and then disconnects. From my cell phone it rings TWICE and then disconnects! 903 area code is a Texas number.

5) He also had a 210-870-5104 phone number, which I called and someone named "muscavo" answered. This is a San Antonio, TX number.

6) I has have a 210-870-3754 number, which I called from 2 different phones and says that this call cannot be completed as dialed. This was supposedly HIS number, as he asked me to tell Matt (the boss at Proton) to not call his wife.

7) Here is the last eBay listing that we made him set up to get him to go through eBay so we had one extra layer of protection: 271058803117 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-15-Panas ... 7675.l2557 - That eBay name is nkoh2303

Last but not least, here is the email I sent him and he sent me in regards to why there was fraud the last time and how it won't happen again:

ROB EMAIL TO HIM:

Michael,

Last time we did business you delivered a batch of about 10 Toughbooks to me (Proton Computers), it took 3 weeks for some reason for us to get them.

Even with the horrible shipping time, I then ordered 20 more since I was happy with the first batch and you never delivered them to me and we had to take up a $10,000+ claim with our credit card company! I sent you TONS of emails and you never responded either.

Can you see why I’m skeptical???

If you want to do business, that’s fine, but you can see the trust issue I have right?

As far as $$ is concerned, I am with a new company now called Rugged Depot, and I(we) are in the top 5 in the US for Toughbooks. Our company logo is even listed right on Panasonics website here: http://www.panasonic.com/business/tough ... ghbook.asp

Please advise!

MICHAEL EMAIL BACK:

i understand my dropshipper got prosecuted for fraud charges and im still seeking restitution from that my paypal account got all screwed up over that i sincerely apologize, Mr. Lee the gentleman who i was doing business with is in jail for Wire fraud. and i caught the tail end of his wrong doings.
i personally have these in my posession and can ship them personally , I do not blame you for being skeptical
not only mr. lee embezelled 25k from others he also changed all my login info for my email accounts in an attempt to cover up his fraud, hence the reason why im emailing you from this address
i completely understand , if you do not want to buy them thats fine I do not blame you at all sir

2ND EMAIL BACK:

i personally shipped the first ten units you bought from me, the second order of 20 Mr. Lee frauded me for. My paypal account is in negative 10k over that , i hired a lawyer and i am currently fighting to get my paypal account back to good standing, But please remember when i handled the first order of 10 you got them in satisfactory condition, the second batch i sourced Mr. Lee for and we all know what happened after that......

3RD EMAIL BACK:

ok, I sincerely apoplogize for that last deal, I hope mr. Lee rots in jail, i have used him in the past before for sourcing without any problems, and he really put my business and paypal account in a bad spot, If you recall, the paypal invoice was sent from mr. lee himself personally, and not my account, Not only did he Fraud over 25K$ he also stole money from my personal paypal account and overdrafted it by 6k$, i am in the process of suing for my losses on that .
thanks for hearing me out, i have a new paypal account so let me know thanks again Rob

4TH EMAIL BACK: (This time he said he'd refund me $10,000... (which is PROTONS MONEY)):

thanks for your time Rob
i appreciate it, i will eventually end up selling individually or sell as a lot on ebay.
i can only take paypal payments, dont feel comfortable at all paying upfront for shipping then being at your company's mercy on the price and then waiting for you to send a check . id rather go another route. sorry we couldnt work this out, and once i do get this whole fraud thing finalized from the last deal we did, i will be sending you some money back directly for that 10k fraud Mr. Lee did
thanks again for your time Rob

There is a LOT more, but I think you all get the idea!!

Thanks!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, SHAME ON ME! :cyclops:
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

Connor922

Re: FRAUD ALERT: Michael Watts Jones- mjonescraigslist@gmail

#2 Post by Connor922 »

What a shame, thanks for posting this Rob, can't be too careful these days.

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”