~Toughbooktalk~ Rob - 630-300-8877

The largest Toughbook discussion site on the net!
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:49 am

All times are UTC-06:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Remote Keyboards
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:51 pm
Posts: 1894
Location: Northeast Louisiana
I see Rob's old company has put some of the remote keyboards up. They are the older style with the CF-28 type light up keyboard. I know you need the "texas" board for that keyboard to work in the CF-28 and the remote keyboard base has it's own part to make the keyboard light up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120913280927

QUOTE FROM THERE ADD

"THIS BACKLIT KEYBOARD WILL WORK WITH CF-29 AND CF-30 IF U ARE A SKILLED TECHNICIAN AND KNOWS HOW TO install THOSE THREE CABLES IN THE RIGHT WAY."

I was under the impression that with the "texas" board this keyboard wouldn't light up in other toughbooks like the 29 and 30. Will this light up in the 29 and 30 series or did they get this wrong? I haven't used one other than on a 28 so far.

_________________
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Remote Keyboards
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:33 pm
Posts: 71
ADOR wrote:
....Will this light up in the 29 and 30 series or did they get this wrong?....


I think no, because my BL-kbd has only 2 copper stripes for the light in the third cable.

_________________
CF-29NTQGZBM: 450nit Backlight-LED-XGA-Display; 1.5GB; 250GB 7200HDD; rubber backlight keyboard; 2nd Accu; ext.Charger; ABGN-PCI300Mb(Atheros); DVD-+LightscribeDL; Microfon; GPS; BT; 2MP-Webcam; 3.Wifi(n-draft)antenna; HSDPA
CF-52SLGDB1M: 700nit Backlight-LED-WUXGA-Display; 16GB; Crucial512SSD4m@6Gbps+BIOS Mod; emissive backlight keyboard


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Remote Keyboards
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:19 pm
Posts: 1513
Location: FL
ADOR wrote:
QUOTE FROM THERE ADD

"THIS BACKLIT KEYBOARD WILL WORK WITH CF-29 AND CF-30 IF U ARE A SKILLED TECHNICIAN AND KNOWS HOW TO install THOSE THREE CABLES IN THE RIGHT WAY."

I was under the impression that with the "texas" board this keyboard wouldn't light up in other toughbooks like the 29 and 30. Will this light up in the 29 and 30 series or did they get this wrong? I haven't used one other than on a 28 so far.

You are exactly right, this keyboard will not work in anything other than CF-28 Mk2 or Mk3. However the whole keyboard assembly will work with almost any laptop with a PS2 port.

_________________
ToughBooks: CF-74 73 53 52 51 31 30 29 28 27 25 19 18 08 07 C1 C2 F9 H1 M32 M33 M34 R2 S10 T8 T5 T4 T2 U1 W2 Y2 VDW07 PDRC ...
GoBooks: VR-2, XR-1, IX-260+, IX-350


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Remote Keyboards
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:35 pm
Posts: 163
... anyone know if the keyboard (as in whole assembly) work with a USB to PS/2 adapter?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Remote Keyboards
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:33 pm
Posts: 71
canuckcam wrote:
... anyone know if the keyboard (as in whole assembly) work with a USB to PS/2 adapter?


The keyboard itself worked, but the backlight and the touchpad did not work.

_________________
CF-29NTQGZBM: 450nit Backlight-LED-XGA-Display; 1.5GB; 250GB 7200HDD; rubber backlight keyboard; 2nd Accu; ext.Charger; ABGN-PCI300Mb(Atheros); DVD-+LightscribeDL; Microfon; GPS; BT; 2MP-Webcam; 3.Wifi(n-draft)antenna; HSDPA
CF-52SLGDB1M: 700nit Backlight-LED-WUXGA-Display; 16GB; Crucial512SSD4m@6Gbps+BIOS Mod; emissive backlight keyboard


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Remote Keyboards
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:35 pm
Posts: 163
onirakkiss wrote:
canuckcam wrote:
... anyone know if the keyboard (as in whole assembly) work with a USB to PS/2 adapter?


The keyboard itself worked, but the backlight and the touchpad did not work.


nuts... well at least I know now!


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited